The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years.
The new law comes into effect on 25th May, after which organisations in non-compliance may face heavy fines.
Under the new General Data Protection law, schools will need to demonstrate their compliance, which in turn means they need to assess the compliance of all of the systems they use to store and transfer data. Fox Federation are working towards meeting the requirements of the GDPR legislation.. We are on track, and are confident that we will be fully compliant before 25th May.
Our promise to Parents and staff:
- We will make available details of all 3rd party systems used to handle data.
- We will ensure those 3rd Party companies are fully GDPR compliant
- We will use and continue to update safeguards around data handling
- We will impose confidentiality requirements on all our staff.
- We will not retain data that is no longer used or needed and will destroy in line with GDPR regulations
Please visit https://www.eugdpr.org/ for further information on GDPR legislation and what it means for you.